Scientific journal editors have responsibilities to authors, reviewers, journal readers, and the scientific community. The editorial and peer review process is taken care of by a team of experienced editorial members which includes the Editorial manager, Editor-in-Chief, and Editorial Board Members who are well experienced in their specified fields.
The Editor-in-Chief judges whether the submitted manuscript is suitable for the scope of the journal, and is then generally reviewed by at least two experts and a Managing Editor.
The roles of the Editorial Manager and Editorial-in-Chief are to assign manuscripts to the editors.
Manuscripts are forwarded for evaluation to the editors and external reviewers to check whether the research work presented in the manuscript:
- Meets the quality standards
- Falls under the scope of the journal
After a thorough review of a manuscript by at least two experts, in addition to the review of the editor, the decision is relayed to the author. This may be:
- Accept without changes
- Revision required
If revisions are required, then the author is expected to revise the manuscript as per reviewers’ comments within the specified timeline and resubmit the manuscript for the second round of review.
Editor should provide his valuable decision for publication or rejection of the manuscript within 24 to 48 hours after receiving the revised version.
Benefits of Being Editor
- Becoming a member of the editorial board is truly productive and prestigious, helping to spread scientific innovation around the world.
- This job provides a better way to build your professional identity. The certificate is awarded as a credit for your valuable contribution and support.
- If the editor brings the membership from any institution/university to the editorial office, the editor will be given a share.
- Your biography and achievements as well as your research profile will be displayed on the Journal’s Website.
- Quick Processing of submitted papers.
- Peer review services will enhance your knowledge of professional standards and quickly earn the respect of your peers.
Click here to join as Editorial Board Member